Method Dental Lab is proud to announce the most versatile material on the market: OPTIC Translucent Zirconia®. OPTIC Translucent Zirconia® is where strength meets beauty. Now you and your patients can enjoy the translucency and internal coloring of a porcelain layered crown combined with the strength of a full contour zirconia crown all in one product! Gone are the days of opaque and lifeless crowns. You now have the ability to provide your patients with natural aesthetics and uncompromising strength. Start prescribing OPTIC Translucent Zirconia® today and see your practice evolve!
- Single crowns and 3-unit bridges
- Implant abutments
- Screw-retained implant crowns
- Most translucent zirconia
- Homogenous material, no weak bonds between the substructure and porcelain and no conflicting thermal expansion
- No veneered porcelain to shear off
- Accurate Margins
- Less irritation to the gingiva due to super thin margins
- Twice the strength lithium disilicate at 700 MPA Flexural strength
- Less abrasive than regular zirconia
- Indicated for the entire mouth, no more “combo cases”
- Feather edge, chamfer, or shoulder prep
- Full contour, onlay/inlay or veneer
- Ideal for cosmetic or restorative dentistry
- FDA, ISO, Indetceram certified
- Proprietary internal coloring
- Advanced Interval Sintering™ (AIS)
- 5 Day turnaround
- Lower price point than BruxZir ® and e.max®
- 7 Year Warranty
- Shoulder preparation not needed, feather edge is okay. It is a conservative preparation similar to full-cast gold, so any preparation with at least 0.5 mm of occlusal space is acceptable.
- Minimum occlusal reduction of 0.5 mm; 1 mm is ideal
- Adjust Optic Translucent Zirconia restorations using a fine-grit diamond with light pressure to avoid potential microfractures. A football-shaped bur is most effective for adjusting the occlusal surfaces of posterior teeth and lingual surfaces of anterior teeth.
- A tapered bur is most effective for adjusting proximal contacts.
- A round bur is used to adjust a cusp or fossa and for creating endodontic access.
- Ceramir® Crown & Bridge (Doxa Dental; Newport Beach, Calif.) or a resin-reinforced glass ionomer cement such as RelyX™ Luting Cement (3M ESPE; St. Paul, Minn.) or GC Fuji Plus™ (GC America; Alsip; Ill.)
- Try in Optic zirconia-based restoration.
- Rinse saliva out of restoration.
- Place Ivoclean in restoration for 20 seconds and rinse.
- Cement restoration with Ceramir –or– place Monobond Plus/Z-Prime Plus and place with cement of your choice.
Back to top
- Optic® Translucent Zirconia